Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thankfulness Galore {A Top Ten Tuesday Post}

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they provide a Top Ten topic for you to create your list, then you share it on their post so others can find you. :)

  ♥ Top Ten Things I Am Thankful For

If you've been reading my blog recently, you'll see that I've been doing a daily thankful post (except today, given the nature of *this* post...). Yes, I'm thankful every day of the year that God blesses me with another day to be alive, to be with my children. But it's been a great way for me to think of things daily to be thankful for - big and small things. It's so easy to lose sight of this as we go about our daily lives and get caught up in the mundanity that is life. (Yes, I'm making up words. ; P) You know, you wake up late because the alarm didn't go off, your dog/cat/bird peed on the floor, your kids refused to put their shoes on or had to pee all the sudden just as you're walking out the door, despite you asking them repeatedly for 30 minutes if they had to pee. All those things that make your mornings kinda sort of suck. Or the huge fight you had with your hubby/boyfriend/best friend/mom/dad/brother/sister that has had you in turmoil for days. The car doors are frozen shut, making you even later than you already are. There's not enough coffee to take to work. You can't *find* your keys. Or you are just flat out cranky for no apparently reason. All these things that make you forget that the sun is shining, the flowers smell amazing, the coffee you *did* have tasted amazing, the sheets are freshly washed, your kids are happy and singing along to your favorite band... Life does suck sometimes, but there's always something to be thankful for. So, for as long-winded as I'm being, that's why I've been doing the thankful posts. All that being said (and my apologies for saying so much of it), here are the top ten as I'm typing this (and this is *not* easy, just sayin'):

Family/Friends
I feel so incredibly lucky to have a family that loves and supports me, and friends who do the same. I'd be lost without them all.

Books/authors
I love my books. I love being able to get lost in them, to visit places I've never been or may never go, and ones that don't exist. I'm so thankful for the authors that create these worlds just for us.

Memories
My memory is like swiss cheese, for real. I forget things all. the. time. But that doesn't leave me any less thankful for the memories I do retain. :)

Music
I've used music for as long as I can remember to feed my emotions - happy, sad, mad... it doesn't matter. It can boost my bad mood, help me cope with horrible things, and keep me happy and singing along. It's awesome. Even if it only lasts a few minutes. (Unless it's Meatloaf, and then it could go on for 15... lol) 

My Children
They are my world. My everything. Sheesh... if that isn't cliche. Seriously, though. There's nothing I wouldn't do for them (besides, you know, *do* things for them. Last I checked they had working arms and legs and, well, the oldest at least, can put on his own shoes and get himself dressed... but surely you know what I mean). They've taught me so much about life, about love, that I don't know how I can ever teach them more. Not that I won't try, I just don't know how I will accomplish it. :) 
 
Coffee
Does this need an explanation? For real? It does? *sigh* It's a sweet nectar from the Gods. It keeps me sane. Well, as sane as I can be, at least. 

Traditions (this will post the day after Thanksgiving...)
I absolutely love traditions. There's the tradition of decorating the day after Thanksgiving that goes back to when I was little. Now we do it with our kids. There's the tradition of baking Christmas cookies with my mom, my sister-in-law, and our adopted mom (from England, whose three kids still live there) every year just before Christmas. There's the tradition of going shopping with my dad mere days before Christmas (once *on* Christmas Eve) - even if we only have one gift (or less) to buy, it's great spending the day with him. (I realize all of these are Christmas related... I guess I'm anxious for the holiday season... lol)

Job
I work in a library. I'm not sure that needs much more. ;)

Evenings
Family time. Albeit short family time, usually, but family time nonetheless. It's sometimes hectic and always chaotic, but I love spending time with my kids and hubby. And I hate the time change because it's already dark by the time I'm driving home with my kiddos, which just makes the evening seem that much shorter. (Reality, I know, is still the same as far as the actual minutes we get, but still...)

Those Who Serve(d) in the Military (And Their Families)
They risk their lives to help keep us safe, provide our freedom. They, along with their families, make sacrifices that we all too often take for granted.

So, there you have it. The top ten of my thankfulness... though really not in any particular order. I really didn't think I'd struggle deciding what to put on this list, but I found I did. I just wanted to put it all, since I am truly thankful for SO. MANY. THINGS.

Anywho. What's your top ten this week? Have a link you'd like to share?

Smiles,
B


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your thoughts! I try to respond to everyone. :)