Friday, November 15, 2013

Follow Friday ♥

8474595901 873f4993f4 Feature & Follow #138
Hosted by Parajunkee's View & Alison Can Read, the goal is to gain new followers and to follow new people yourself! :)

RULES
To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
(Taken straight from the hosts)
    • (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
    • (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
    • Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
    • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
    • If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
    • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
    • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers.
    • If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
Happy Follow Friday!

This week's question/activity:

Is there any book to movie adaptations where you think the movie is better than the book?

Sadly, I have to say yes. Most of the time I think not. Seriously. They leave things out (things I felt were pertinent to the story), the characters aren't portrayed well, the special effects suck... I imagine I could go on. But I won't.

There's one movie that I liked better than the book. Now, I did read the book after I watched the movie, but honestly I don't think that doing it the other way would have made a difference. The book/movie is Tuck Everlasting. Now the movie was simple, not a major production. Which worked. But the quality of the movie, the actors chosen, is not the reason I enjoyed the movie better than the book. In the movie, Winnie is a teenager who meets a teenage boy, Jesse. It turns out that Jesse and his family do not age; they have discovered the elusive fountain of youth. They, of course, fall in love. Winnie has to make a choice - drink from the fountain and become immortal, or let Jesse go and live out a normal, aging life. All of this works well in the movie. The book, however, did not ring true with me. The problem? In the book, Winnie is ten. Ten years old. Jesse, still 17 in the book, asks Winnie if she'll wait to drink for six or seven years so they can get married? Really? *shudder* What ten year old contemplates love and eternal life? It wasn't plausible to me. At all.

So yeah. That's the one movie I felt was better than the book.

What about you?

Smiles,
B

13 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Great initiative and a well featured blog..I have entered the hop.. :)
    I have followed your blog and you on G+, twitter..:)
    Checkout my blog too at http://njkinny.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to say I think the same thing as you generally. Haven't heard of Tuck Everlasting but from your description it sounds slightly strange :/ Maybe I'll check out the movie :)

    Old Follower
    My FF .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a bad story by any means, I just found it non-plausible when it came to the book. :(

      Thanks for visiting. :)

      Delete
  3. I loved Tuck Everlasting, both the movie and the book, I don't remember the book as well as the movie though. New GFC follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how could I forget Tuck Everlasting, I love that film so much, and I really did enjoy it more than the book. Great pick. My F&FF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. actually, I have never heard of Tuck Everlasting before. Maybe I'll try to read/ watch this later on. Happy FF! I'm your new GFC and bloglovin follower! :-D
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow. I hope if you get around to either the movie or the book that you enjoy at least one of them. :)

      Delete
  6. I've never read or watched Tuck Everlasting so I can't really comment either way. Have a great week. Old Bloglovin' follower. My FF

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your thoughts! I try to respond to everyone. :)