Friday, November 29, 2013

Annual Christmas Traditions {A Thankfulness Post}

Day 29


Every year, the day after Thanksgiving, we decorate for Christmas. This was a tradition of ours when I was growing up. For quite a few years that involved driving out to the Christmas Tree Farm and getting a Christmas tree, bringing it back to the house, decorating it and the house, and ordering pizza for dinner. 

Now that I have a family of my own making, we get up, drag all the Christmas decorations, tree included, down from the attic. Which is a feat in and of itself, given that it seems to be the world's smallest attic opening ever and due to it's awkward location it's a maneuvering marathon to get into and out of the attic. Plus, my hubby is scared to death of bats (picture arachnophobia scared) so I always have to go up to make sure our attic is bat-free (in case you can't tell, it's happened quite a few times that it wasn't... lol). 

Anywho. Last year was the first year Eli got just as excited as me to get all the boxes open and rediscover the decorations. He helped put the tree up while Zoe was discovering it all for the first time.

He really was a pretty big help. :)

Zoe was just excited to check it all out. :)

I'm really looking forward to dragging it all out this year and seeing how excited Eli and (hopefully) Zoe get. Eli has already been talking about getting them out since just after Halloween!

Another Christmas tradition I look forward to each year? Cookie Baking Day! Each year, my sis-in-law, mom, and adopted mom Wyn (Wyn is from England and they've lived here for tenish years... we've made them (her husband Frank) a part of our family... they are Nana and Gramps to my babies... I'll miss them something fierce when they go home next summer... anyway... I digress) all get together and bake cookies. We spend pretty much the entire day baking, decorating, visiting, sometimes getting into flour fights... so. much. fun. The kids have started helping, too. I'm hoping Zoe wants to help this year. :)

 
Personal taste testers! Eli and Ryker (my nephew). They even iced their own cookies. :)
 

Do you have any decorating traditions? Or any other holiday traditions?

Smiles,
B





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your thoughts! I try to respond to everyone. :)