What is it, you may be asking? Well, she has a list all made up (see below) and each day you answer a different question or write based on the prompt. Easy peasy, right? Probably not, but fun nonetheless. If you're interested, just click on the link to learn more.
Day 1: Book Related Confessions
- I judge. Definitely. I will totally judge a book by its cover. Don't judge me. You do it too.
- I refuse to dog-ear my pages. I will use something, anything, if I don't have a bookmark handy. I've used post-its, mail, pictures, napkins... and sometimes have even resorted to memorizing the page number.
- Unless I have protected the dust jacket by covering it, I typically remove it when reading a book to preserve it.
- I won't read in bed. I'll never sleep.
- I can't read in a car - I'll puke on the book and then be sad.
- I dropped a book in the tub when I was ten - The Witch of Blackbird Pond, to be exact. I haven't read in a tub since. And I still own that book, water damaged and all.
- I will do nearly anything else while reading, though. Cook, eat, clean, change a diaper... sometimes I just REALLY don't want to put it down.
- I rarely will buy the first copy of a book I pick up off the shelf - I will look to see which one is the best shape before picking one.
- Sometimes... *gasp*... I skim. If it's slow going, or if it's just going on and on about the same thing for a page or two, I will totally skim.
- I get frustrated when my covers don't match on my shelf. Like Shatter Me, for instance. I want both it and Unravel Me in hardcover, but they don't match. :( I hate when they change it.
- I will not write in my books. I will post it note the crap out of it, but I won't write in it.
- I work in a library and still every book I check out is late.
- I am anal about reading a series in order, even if it's not necessary, and will seriously be upset with people for *not* reading them in order.
- I organize all my books by author... I blame this on my profession. I tried to organize by size, color, etc, but I just couldn't do it. Besides, it makes it that much easier to find. (My DVDs are alphabetized as well... lol)
- I tend to avoid movies that derived from books, unless a friend is going as well. I'm always scared it won't live up (which it
What about you? Any bookish confessions?