Wednesday, March 5, 2014

2014 TBR Challenge



I've been so out of it I missed this! I loved the challenge in 2013 (I didn't do much by way of reporting things, but I did update my post a few times). It was a good way to catch up on those books that I've been "meaning to get to." lol

What, exactly, is this, you ask? From the creator herself:

Welcome to 2014 TBR Pile Reading Challenge!

We all have those books. We buy them, win them, they're gifted to us.. Then we put them up on a bookshelf and there they stay, collecting dust, waiting for the time when we'll finally decide to pick them up..
Join us on a quest to dust off your TBR Pile and read all the books you've been telling yourself you'll read next time you'll get a chance.. This is your chance! And we've got PRIZES!!! :D

If you want more information, visit Evie's Site and see what the guidelines are, etc.

Okay, so there's levels to choose from based on how many books you plan to read:
  • 1-10 - A Firm Handshake
  • 11-20 - A Friendly Hug
  • 21-30 - First Kiss
  • 31-40 - Sweet Summer Fling
  • 41-50Could this be love?
  • 50+Married With Children
I think I'm going to go with a Sweet Summer Fling for this challenge. If I exceed it, great! Last year I exceeded early, so we'll see. :)

So, this year's book list... let's see... *puts thinking cap on*... Some of these are going to be repeats from last year's list that I never got to. *hangs head in shame* I imagine there will be others I read not from this list, but I'll add those when I do. :)

Ones I Own:
  1. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
  2. The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
  3. Someday, Someday Maybe by Lauren Graham
  4. Just One Day by Gayle Forman
  5. Flutter by Gina Linko
  6. Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
  7. Blood Red Road by Moira Young
  8. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
  9. I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone by Stephanie Kuehnert
  10. Sweethearts by Sara Zarr
  11. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
  12. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
  13. Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin
  14. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
  15. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
  16. Between the Lines by Samantha van Leer and Jodi Picoult
  17. Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
  18. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
  19. The Archived by Victoria Schwab
  20. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
 Ones I Don't Own:
  1. Legend by Marie Lu (Now Own)
  2. Ashen Winter by Mike Mullins (Now Own)
  3. Naomi & Ely's First Kiss by David Levithan & Rachel Cohn (Now Own)
  4. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
  5. Spindlers by Lauren Oliver
  6. Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
  7. The Diviners by Libba Bray (Now Own)
  8. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell (Now Own)
  9. Antigoddess by Kendare Blake (Now Own)
  10. Alice in Zombieland by Gina Showalter
I'll update occasionally to see where I stand. :)

Update 8/1: So where I stand is HORRIBLE on the list I made. I have read, just apparently not the ones I said I wanted to when I posted this. lol  I am currently reading Shiver, but still. Here's what I have read outside of this list (since making it on 3/5):

  1. Landline by Rainbow Rowell (Doesn't count as it's a 2014 release)
  2. The Beginning of After by Jennifer Castle
  3. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart (Doesn't count as it's a 2014 release)
  4. Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor (Doesn't count as it's a 2014 release)
  5. Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr
  6. Racing Savannah by Miranda Kenneally
  7. Panic by Lauren Oliver (Doesn't count as it's a 2014 release)
  8. The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson (Doesn't count as it's a 2014 release)
  9. Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
Um... that's only 10 books since March 5, and not all of them even count toward this challenge! Seriously, what is WRONG WITH ME?!?!  *sigh*

Hope you'll join us for the fun.

Smiles,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your thoughts! I try to respond to everyone. :)