Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Someday, My Schedule Will Free Up {A Top Ten Tuesday Post}

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they provide a Top Ten topic for you to create your list, then you share it on their post so others can find you. :)

  ♥ Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read

This one was a bit more complicated than I would've thought. I mean, how hard is it to come up with authors I haven't read? Apparently the word popular threw me. What determines popular? Who am I to decide what authors are popular? So I looked on Amazon, NYT Best Sellers, Goodreads... yeah. I attempted research. I thought about what books I've seen on blogs in the past year or so. And... still, I struggled. lol  Oh, well. Here's what I came up with. :)

Veronica Rossi
I've heard a lot about her series but I've never actually read them. I did just trade a book for Under the Never Sky, so hopefully it won't be too much longer. 

Jennifer L Armentrout
Another one I've heard a lot about, but haven't gotten to. Someday.
James Patterson
I feel really bad, as an avid reader, having to put this name on here. I mean, adult and young adult books alike... I haven't touched except to check them in and out at work.

Marcus Zusak
I have tried. I really did. I will again, sometime in the future. I've heard wonderful things.
Kiera Cass
I want to read The Selection. It sounds promising. 

James Dashner
My friend really liked the Maze Runner series, and typically we have similar tastes. So while I haven't read it, and didn't really feel a desire to, now I do. :)
Ransom Riggs
I actually haven't heard much about this one amongst my bookish friends, but it came up in my research. I mean, I've heard of his books, obviously, and know who he is, but I don't know much about how others felt about them. Nonetheless, I've been wanting to read them for a while.

Marissa Meyer
C'mon. Why wouldn't I want to read these? And I will. It does seem like everyone has read them but me, though. :(
Marie Lu
Another one I feel like everyone has read but me. I've heard lots and lots about them.
CS Lewis
Yeah, yeah. I know. This almost seems like I'm against my own librarianship. I own the Narnia books, I just haven't read them.

2 comments:

  1. I love CS Lewis! I highly recommend jumping in and reading those. And I haven't read most of these authors either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love James Patterson's work! Every time I'm at the book store, I check the clearance area and buy whatever books of his I can find. I probably have half of his adult books in physical print, and I think 95% of his books on my iPad. I definitely encourange you to read them (:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your thoughts! I try to respond to everyone. :)