Saturday, May 11, 2013

Bout of Books Sign Up & Goals

Bout of Books 7.0

Bout of Books

What is it? Direct from the hosts:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 7.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
Hey y'all! I've decided that I would partake in this fun competition to try and decrease my TBR pile some. Not by much, but every little challenge helps me out. :)

So what am I planning on reading? My mystery book that Malissa sent me. Although hopefully I will actually start that Sunday, but I definitely won't finish it. Unless my mother's day gift is a day just to read. lol  My goal after that is two more books, making a total of three. I would push for four, but between kids and my job, I'm not sure that's feasible. If I plan on sleeping. ;)  I don't know what I'll read after my mystery book, though. I haven't decided. I should get Eleanor & Park in the mail soon, as well as Days of Blood & Starlight. So maybe those... also on my list that I have insta-access to that I will choose from: Unearthly, Elsewhere, Wicked Lovely, Shiver, & The Diviners.

To narrow it down:

Goals
Read 3-4 books
Participate in 1 challenge

Anyone else wanna join up? Just go up to the pic at the top and it (should) lead you to the Bout of Books website. :)  Or just click here. :)

I hope everyone has a great week!

Smiles,
B

6 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I saw that you were doing the Bout of Books read-a-thon. I have similiar goals to you. I've followed you to make sure I get your updates! I would really appreciate it if you could come over to my blog to check it out, and if you like it, you can follow me as well. I hope you'll follow my read-a-thon journey. I blog about my favourite music and books hence the name Music Plus Books.
    Thank you and good luck,
    Music Plus Books
    - Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great stack of books to choose from Brandy! I hope you get to read The Days of Blood and Starlight, Unearthly and The Diviners as I loved them all! Good luck with your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Days of Blood & Starlight should be in my mail today or tomorrow. So once I finish my mystery book (I have a strong feeling I know what it is, but I'm halfway through and loving it either way), I'm hoping to start either it or Unearthly, I think. We'll see what my mood is. :)

      Good luck to you, as well. :)

      Delete
  3. I've heard nothing but good things about Eleanor and Park, dying to read that one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your thoughts! I try to respond to everyone. :)