Sunday, December 30, 2012

Review ~ Let it Snow

 Let it Snow
Title: Let it Snow
Author(s): Maureen Johnson, John Green, Lauren Myracle
Publisher: Speak
Publication Date: October 2009
Source: Own (gifted to me via Kindle)
Rating: 5 stars

~Goodreads Description~

Sparkling white snowdrifts, beautiful presents wrapped in ribbons, and multicolored lights glittering in the night through the falling snow. A Christmas Eve snowstorm transforms one small town into a romantic haven, the kind you see only in movies. Well, kinda. After all, a cold and wet hike from a stranded train through the middle of nowhere would not normally end with a delicious kiss from a charming stranger. And no one would think that a trip to the Waffle House through four feet of snow would lead to love with an old friend. Or that the way back to true love begins with a painfully early morning shift at Starbucks. Thanks to three of today's bestselling teen authors - John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle - the magic of the holidays shines on these hilarious and charming interconnected tales of love, romance, and breathtaking kisses.

I'm not even sure I read the description, ever, before adding to my to read list. I love Maureen Johnson and John Green, so I added it without thinking. And I'm so glad I did, and that Malissa gifted it to me. :)

So. Much. Fun. Despite the heartache, the drama, the intense snowstorm, it was so much fun to read. The characters felt real. I loved how they came to life for me. Not only in one author's portion of the story, but throughout the entire book. It was seamlessly tied together. It was a light read, as far as books can go, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and didn't want to put it down. 

"I can't really think of an easy way to say this. Um, in your opinion, what would be the ideal number of wheels for Carla to currently possess?... Because to be honest, I think the best possible number of wheels for Carla would be four. And right now there are three wheels physically connected to Carla herself, a nonideal number. Fortunately, the fourth is just a very slight distance away, but unfortunately I am not an expert in wheel attachment."
~John Green, Let It Snow
I add this quote because the sarcasm and wittiness of the character. :) Fits perfectly within the story and the character himself.
Have you read it? Did you like it? Want to read it? Leave a comment! :)

Smiles,
B

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your thoughts! I try to respond to everyone. :)