Friday, December 21, 2012

End(ish) of the Year Recap ♥



This survey of awesomeness was created by Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner.

Note: The survey is for books you read and is not limited to just books that came out in 2012.Also, most links will take you to the Goodreads page for that book. :)

Best in Books 2012

1. Best Book You Read in 2012 (You can break it down by genre if you want)

Contemporary Fiction:

Supernatural Fiction:

Dystopian:

Historical Fiction:

2. Book You Were Excited About and Thought You Were Going to Love More But Didn't
Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan. I mean, these two together should equal amazing, right? For some it did, I suppose. Not for me. Still pondering why.

3. Most Surprising (in a good way) Book of 2012
Almost by Anne Elliott. I got this as a free Kindle book. The synopsis sounded just okay, but it turned out to be really good.

4. Book You Recommended to People Most in 2012
Toss up, depending on what genre they might be leaning toward:
 
5. Best Series You Discovered in 2012
Toss up:

6. Favorite New Authors You Discovered in 2012
I love that this has the plural of author here or I'd be in trouble. :)  Note: These links take you to the author's website.

7. Best Book That Was Out of Your Comfort Zone or Was a New Genre for You
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. If you've read my blog much you'll know that I'm rather new to liking Historical Fiction. But I *love* this book. :)

8. Most Thrilling, Unputdownable Book in 2012?
Oh my. I can't choose one. I'll say this: These are the books I lost sleep over...

9. Book That You Read in 2012 That You Are Most Likely to Re-Read Next Year

  • Delirium & Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver ~ I will want to re-read them before I read Requiem.
  • Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, most likely, for the fourth time, before the movie comes out as well.
  • Beautiful Chaos before I [finally] read Beautiful Redemption.
 
10. Favorite Cover of a Book You Read in 2012
The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff ~ there's just something about her covers. The Replacement I bought without even reading the jacket flap; the moment I saw the cover I just had to have it. I got the Space Between as a gift when my daughter was born and just loved the cover.

Honorable Mentions:

11. Most Memorable Character in 2012

12. Most Beautifully Written Book Read in 2012

Most of them did not let me down in this department. Some stand out ones (with the first two deserving an extra star...):

13. Book That Had the Greatest Impact on You in 2012
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green ~ Just WOW

14. Book You Can't Believe You Waited UNTIL 2012 to Finally Read

Most books I read in 2012 were not older books. The picture book that I can't believe I waited so long to read was Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale by Mo Willems. Not only am I mom, I'm also a Children's Librarian. I was just surprised I hadn't read it yet. It was super cute and I loved it. :)  The oldest book I read otherwise was An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. The surprising part is how much I love John Green and how not quick I am to seek out his books when I'm ready to start a new one.

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From a Book You Read in 2012
Really? One?
  • "It's like being in love, discovering your best friend." ~Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
  • "Blue never grew tired of feeling particularly needed, but sometimes she wished needed felt less like a synonym for useful." ~The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
  • "We don't get to choose what is true. We only get to choose what we do about it." ~Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
  • “There are moments that you'll remember for the rest of your life and there are moments that you think you'll remember for the rest of your life, and it's not often they turn out to be the same moment.” ~Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
  • "What a slut time is. She screws everybody."~The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read in 2012

17. Book That Had s Scene in it that Had You Reeling and Dying to Talk to Somebody About It (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be Careful of Spoilers!
  • Beautiful Chaos ~ Can't say much, but the ending. Wow.
  • The Fault in Our Stars ~ I sort of saw it coming, maybe not something as drastic, but something, and it still hit me like a ton of bricks.

18. Favorite Relationship From a Book You Read in 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc.)

19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From an Author You Read Previously
Tie:
Both are wonderfully amazing.

20. Best Book That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Someone Else
Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater ~ My best friend gave it to me as a gift; I can honestly say I'm not sure I would have picked it up otherwise... She and I have similar tastes and she nearly hated Shiver. I owe my current ♥love♥ affair with Maggie to Malissa. :)

Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2012 (Optional)
I'm so new ~ I just started in September. I'll skip a few (or most?) of these. ;)

1. New Favorite Book Blog You Discovered in 2012
I don't know that I have a favorite - yet. Ones I visit regularly include:

2. Favorite Review You Wrote in 2012
I only posted a few on the blog because it's the end of the year and my reading slowed down. My goal next year is to write more! :)

3. Best Discussion You Had On Your Blog

4. Most Thought-Provoking Review or Discussion You Read on Somebody Else's Blog

5. Best Event That You Participated In (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc)
Memes have been a great way to hop around and meet different bloggers and see all the different fun things there are to see. :)

6. Best Moment of Book Blogging in 2012
Starting one? :)

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)
Memorable Monday 11.17 with 124 views.

8. Post You Wished Got a Little More Love
My Future Fun post. :)

9. Best Bookish Discover (book-related sites, book stores, etc)
The book-blogging world in general. It's been great. :)

10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I did meet my small Goodreads goal of 25 books, even though there were, I think, 4 picture books on that list. I'm setting a similar goal for next year, of 30 books. :)

Looking Ahead...

1. One Book You Didn't Get to in 2012 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2013

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating for 2013

3. One Thing You Hope to Accomplish or Do in Your Reading/Blogging in 2013
  • Reading: 
    • I want to read more and review all the books I read . :)
  • Blogging: 
    • Be more organized with my blogging
    • Come up with a 'logo', or 'feel' for my blog  :) 
    • Discover more bloggers and create better/more blogging relationships. 
That's all, I believe. :)

Have a great day!!!

Smiles,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your thoughts! I try to respond to everyone. :)