Friday, January 15, 2016

Wreck This Journal {A Little of the Book Life}

My friend Danielle got me this book for Christmas:

http://www.amazon.com/Wreck-This-Journal-Red-Expanded/dp/0399162720/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1452810143&sr=8-3&keywords=wreck+this+journal

Here's the Amazon description:
The special limited edition red mesh cover of the international bestseller…

For anyone who's ever had trouble starting, keeping, or finishing a journal or sketchbook comes this expanded edition of Wreck This Journal, an illustrated book that features a subversive collection of prompts, asking readers to muster up their best mistake and mess-making abilities and to fill the pages of the book (or destroy them). Through a series of creatively and quirkily illustrated prompts, acclaimed artist Keri Smith encourages journalers to engage in "destructive" acts--poking holes through pages, adding photos and defacing them, painting pages with coffee, coloring outside the lines, and more--in order to experience the true creative process. With Smith's unique sensibility, readers are introduced to a new way of art and journal making, discovering novel ways to escape the fear of the blank page and fully engage in the creative process.
Have you seen this? Like the inside of it? It's really pretty cool. And pretty scary.

The instructions are simple enough:

And the first page wasn't hard at all...

And then there was this, which was great for releasing some stress/aggression:

But shit got real when I looked at this one -

And what the what?!
Yep... I did it...


When I got this, Malissa mentioned how cool it would be to do together with someone. I sent her one. I agreed. And it's worked. We keep texting each other about it. Like this one, this morning, that I got from her:
"Pretty impressed with myself. I found six different fruit stickers for my journal at my house this morning!" 
And this pic from her:




I'll keep sharing. It's going to be fun!!!!  :)

Smiles,
B



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your thoughts! I try to respond to everyone. :)