Saturday, October 27, 2012

Ghosts of Books Half-Read

{This Girl Reads}
Hosted by Cheyenne at {This Girl Reads} as part of her Haunted Week Celebration.

The challenge: Ghosts of Books Half-Read.  Although I always try to finish every book I start, as I've gotten older I realize that it's okay not to finish a book for whatever the reason.  Maybe it's not grabbing me, maybe I don't like the author's style of writing, or maybe I'm just not in the mood to (*gasp*) read.  

Here we go:

A Clockwork Orange
Oh my.  I don't even know what to say to this one.  I couldn't get past the language.  I'm all for  playing and making stuff up, but my goodness!  I picked up for varying reasons, but the main one being my brother, who is not a reader of much that isn't nonfiction, owned it.  I thought to myself, "Hey, if he likes it, maybe I will."  I won't fall for that one again.

The Poisonwood Bible
This was such a disappointment.  I had heard some great things about it at the time and wanted to get in on the greatness.  I decided the struggle to read it wasn't worth the exhaustion.

House Rules
Again, as you can see on my Skeletons on My Bookshelf post, I really am a Jodi Picoult fan.  I think the timing was just way off for this one.  My bookmark is still secure in its home between the pages (nearly literally half way) and I will eventually find out what happens in this boy's life.

Hana (Delirium, #1.5)
I started this what feels like forever ago.  The fact that I haven't finished it is in no way a put down to Lauren Oliver, though.  I kept getting distracted and was never able to really put good time into it.  I *will* read it before Requiem comes out next year, though.

Pretties (Uglies, #2)
I read Uglies and I really like it.  For some reason about half way through Pretties the appeal was lost to me.  I will probably pick it up again someday and read the entire series, though.  It wasn't Scott Westerfeld's fault.



I had to really look for a couple of young adult books to throw on here.  These were the only two I could come up with.  I wonder if that says something about my brain or about adult books?  I'm going with my brain.

Feel free to share your ghosts.  What books haven't you finished?  How do you think you'll get rid of those ghosts - read them or forget about them?  Leave your answers or a link to your own post below!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your thoughts! I try to respond to everyone. :)