I came across this challenge from Evie Bookish. I thought it sounded like a great way to attempt to
Here are the levels:
(how many books you're planning to read for this challenge in 2013)
11-20 - A Friendly Hug
21-30 - A Sweet Kiss
31-40 - Love At First Sight
41-50 - Married With Children
If you look at my original post about this challenge, you'll see I want to commit to reading 21-30 books. Although I would love to commit to more, I would love to read more, I want my goal to be realistic for my life. So, I'm sticking with that. If I meet it and exceed it, then great! Since we can move up but not down in goals, I guess I could, in theory, raise my goal if I see I'm getting close enough at some point... but we shall see how it pans out.
More on the challenge...
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2013 - Dec 31, 2013.
- Anyone can enter! You don't have to be a blogger, as long as you review the book you've read (on your blog, Amazon, or Goodreads/Shelfari).
- Any genre, length, or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that's been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Only books released in 2012 and earlier. NO 2013 ARCs and 2013 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed.
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2013 TBR Pile Reading Challenge (if you don't have a blog, post about it on Facebook or Tweet!).
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign ups will be open until December 15, 2013, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- On the 20th of each month, one of the hosts will post a wrap-up. Every wrap-up will have it's unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway, and place for you link up your reviews from this month. For each review you link up you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of choice from the Book Depository. It's open to INTERNATIONALS. The giveaway will be open until the next wrap up post goes up (i.e. the entire month)!
- If you miss a wrap up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice - we will be checking. :)
- December is a wrap up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January - November + the ones you'll link up in December will be entered into a HUGE giveaway - a box of books.
- You don't have to follow all the hosts to join the challenge, but you do have to follow all of us to be entered in giveaways.
Update: As of today, November 11, I've read 11 books off this list. Others I've read with a pub date pre-2013 include:
- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
- Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
- Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Once Was Lost by Sara Zarr
- Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
- Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter
- Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
- Heist Sociey by Ally Carter
- Lament by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan
- Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor
- The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E Smith
- Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
- Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth
- The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
- Dream Team by Lisa Ard
Ones I Own:
Looking for Alaska by John Green
- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
- Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult
Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
- Ashen Winter by Mike Mullins
Hana by Lauren Oliver Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
- Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown
- Last Summer by Anne Brashares
- The Effects of Light by Miranda Beverly-Whittemore
- The Fallen Star by Jessica Sorenson
- Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin
- Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
- Hare Moon by Carrie Ryan
- Get Well Soon by Julie Halpern
- Matilda by Roald Dahl
- Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry
- Here Today by Ann M Martin
- Falling Stars by Sadie Grubor
- Stellar Evolution by Sadie Grubor
- Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
- Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Switched by Amanda Hocking
- The Curiosities by Maggie Stiefvater, Brenna Yovanoff, & Tessa Gratton
- The Narnia Series by CS Lewis
- Flutter by Gina Linko
The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia & Margaret StohlNow Own :)
- Sweethearts by Sara Zarr Now Own :)
13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
- Crossed by Ally Condie
Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
Now Own :)
- Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger
- Unwind by Neil Schusterman
What books have been on your TBR list that you plan on reading this coming year?