Thursday, December 13, 2012

Holiday Excitement Brewing

Disclosure: Totally not book related.  :)

I am really looking forward to the holidays. So much family time and fun time ahead.

This will mark my son's fourth Christmas and my daughter's first. As you can imagine by their ages, my daughter will not care about presents or really much of anything but the extra attention. Eli, on the other hand, is already super excited about presents and what Santa might bring him. We have fun with Elf on the Shelf and every day he is on the hunt to see where Batman (what he affectionately named his elf last year) is and if he left him a note this time. I am eagerly anticipating his excitement come Christmas. Of course, I'm hoping he's most excited about his books, but I imagine I'm living in a dream world. :)

Also looking ahead, my mom, sister-in-law, and close family friend (she is Nana to our children) will be doing our annual Cookie Baking Day in a couple weeks.We will be baking most of the day and trying new recipes this year. Woo-hoo! I'm definitely going to stick with my chocolate chip cookies, though. Can't live without those.

My dad and I do a Christmas shopping trip every year, and we typically wait until the couple weeks before to go. This year, due to having my daughter in January, I have no time left to take off work during the week, so we will be going the Sunday before Christmas. EEK! I procrastinate like crazy every year as it is, but even this is cutting it a bit close for me. I only have one shopping/gift goal by the end of the week: ship out my best friend's gift and my Bookish Secret Santa's gift (thru The Broke and the Bookish). If I feel froggy this weekend I will wrap some presents for under the tree. :)

Anyway, I was just sitting here thinking about how excited I am for Christmas (this is a yearly occurence) and I wanted to share my excitement. 

Are you as excited as I am? Anyone else still have most/all shopping to do?  lol 

Smiles,
B


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your thoughts! I try to respond to everyone. :)