Monday, May 13, 2013

Bout of Books Goals

Bout of Books 7.0

Bout of Books
What is it? Direct from the hosts:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 7.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

So...  goals. I plan to finish my mystery book, and read some of the following:  Shatter Me, Days of Blood and Starlight, Unravel Me, Eleanor and Park, Unearthly, Sing Me Home, Meant to  Be, and Elsewhere.

As far as how many, I  have to keep it small at 3-4  books. ;)  I will update this post daily with my progress below and I'll do a mid- and end-week recap post.  [and fix this formatting tomorrow.  ugh.]

Happy Monday and happier reading.

UPDATES


Monday
Pages read: 75
Books finished: 0

Tuesday
Pages read:182
Total Pages Read:  257
Chapters listened to: 5 
Books finished:1
Thoughts: At this rate I may not reach my goal. But I'm still reading more than I did the last couple of weeks, so there's that. :)  But, I did start an audio book, which I haven't done in ages. I started listening to it at work. So we'll see if that helps with completing more books. :)

Wednesday
Pages read:30
Total Pages Read:  287
Chapters listened to: 6 
Total chapters listened to: 11
Books finished:1
Thoughts: Didn't read much yesterday due to plans, but hopefully I'll get back into it today. :)


Thursday
Pages read:57
Total Pages Read:  344
Chapters listened to: 4 
Total chapters listened to: 15
Books finished:1
Thoughts: I read a bit more yesterday, but still didn't get as far as I'd like. But I did have fun with the acrostic poem below. :)

Friday
Pages read:0
Total Pages Read:  344
Chapters listened to: 3
Total chapters listened to: 18
Books finished:1
Thoughts: I had work and date night with the hubby last night, so I didn't much reading done at all. :( But it was time well spent anyway. :)

Saturday & Sunday
NONE  :( :( :(  I got so busy over the weekend that I had no time for reading. 

Challenges
I completed the challenge for Harley Bear Book Blog! An acrostic poem featuring a title of a book. I chose:



Smiles,
B

20 comments:

  1. Have a great Bout of Books, hope you will get to finish up some of those great books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great pile of books you have to read this week! I still haven't read Days of Blood and Starlight! AHHHH! Eleanor and Park is really cute! Good luck reaching your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... I'm just starting E & P. :)

      Delete
  3. Brandy what a fantastic list of books, I'm excited for you just from the book list LOL

    My BoB updates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing great! I hope today is a good reading day for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't give up on your just yet! There is still plenty of time! Happy Reading and Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to read The Raven Boys. You're poem makes it sounds really interesting. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I hope you enjoy it as much as I did when you get around to it. I really liked it. Thanks for hosting - it was so much fun.

      Delete
  7. Ack I can't believe I forgot I could listen to an audio!

    Pesky plans, getting in the way ;) Maybe you'll have a late rush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't even thought about as I haven't listened to one in *ages*, but I thought I'd give it a go and see if I got anymore reading done that way. :)

      Delete
  8. I think even finishing one book is great-for some reason my reading always gets derailed during bout of books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it's Murphy's Law. lol

      Delete
  9. Ooh you make The Raven Boys sound very good! It's one I've got on the TBR mountain, hehe. Great acrostic poem! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it when you get to it! :)

      Delete
  10. Good job on your poem. I have only read Shiver by Maggie and that was really good!!

    Angie
    Here is my poem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... I hope you enjoy TRB if you get to it. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your thoughts! I try to respond to everyone. :)