Friday, October 26, 2012

Skeletons on My Bookshelf

{This Girl Reads}

Hosted by Cheyenne at {This Girl Reads} as part of her Haunted Week Celebration.

Today is all about the skeletons on your shelf.  Those books that have been rotting away on your shelf, just begging to be read, discovered, loved, or hated.  I have probably more than I should, as most obsessive book nerds do.  I'll share a few with you.

The Raven Boys (Raven Cycle, #1)
This one has only been on my shelf for almost a month, but I already am not liking the dust it is collecting.  I read Maggie's Scorpio Races and *loved* it and was super excited to get this one.  It's one of those buys I feel guilty for not having started yet because I was so excited about it.
Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1)
This has been on my shelf for less than half a year but I still am itching to read it.  I was originally waiting to read it this month, while the Teen Librarian where I work was doing it for book club, but I got engrossed in the Caster Chronicles (Beautiful Creatures) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.  So that didn't work out very well for me.  
Before I Fall
I ordered this on the tails of finishing Pandemonium, the second book in the Delirium series by Lauren Oliver.  I was reading another book by the time it came in and I have just never got around to it.
Looking for Alaska
This is probably among those that has been sitting on my shelf the longest without being read.  And it's not for a lack of love for John Green.  I've yet to read a book by John that I didn't enjoy.  Other books just grab my attention before I remember this one is sitting there.
Sing You Home
I admit: I feel really guilty about this one.  Jodi Picoult is one of my favorite authors, and has been since I discovered her around eight years ago.  I just haven't gotten to this one.  Every time I go to pick it up, I don't feel "in the mood" for it and go to another.


There are more, as I said, but I'll leave you with these.  Feel free to share what skeletons are on your shelves - leave a link to your post or share your books in the comment section!  

Smiles,
B






2 comments:

  1. Great list! I've been meaning to read Before I Fall because it was very highly recommended to me, but I haven't read it yet.

    Confession: I haven't read anything by John Green. I really, really want to, because I've heard such amazing things about his books, but, like Before I Fall, I just haven't gotten to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      You should definitely move a John Green book up on your TBR list! :) My personal favorite I've read is The Fault in Our Stars, but Paper Towns was pretty awesome too.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your thoughts! I try to respond to everyone. :)