Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Review: The Infinite Moment of Us

***Thanks to NetGalley & Amulet Books for an eArc***

For as long as she can remember, Wren Gray’s goal has been to please her parents. But as high school graduation nears, so does an uncomfortable realization: Pleasing her parents once overlapped with pleasing herself, but now... not so much. Wren needs to honor her own desires, but how can she if she doesn’t even know what they are?

Charlie Parker, on the other hand, is painfully aware of his heart’s desire. A gentle boy with a troubled past, Charlie has loved Wren since the day he first saw her. But a girl like Wren would never fall for a guy like Charlie—at least not the sort of guy Charlie believes himself to be.

And yet certain things are written in the stars. And in the summer after high school, Wren and Charlie’s souls will collide. But souls are complicated, as are the bodies that house them...

Sexy, romantic, and oh-so-true to life, this is an unforgettable look at first love from one of young adult fiction’s greatest writers.


Goodreads-badge-add-plus

Although I really enjoyed the writing in this book, something was lacking for me to really love it. I liked the storyline, I liked the characters, but I just didn't fall in love with it the way I wanted to.

We meet Wren and Charlie just as school is ending and they are graduating. Wren has been suffocated by her parents and doing what they want that she has decided to approach things differently after she graduates. Charlie has been crushing on Wren since he met her and when she waves back at him by chance, he decides he is going to take the plunge.

So we embark on the journey of Wren and Charlie's relationship. We experience the ups and the downs, the truths and the lies, the trust and the doubts. Like I said, I did enjoy the story itself, and the characters, but I didn't connect as much as I wanted to. I wanted to see Wren and Charlie grow more than they did, and I just didn't get that. However, I did like that their relationship dynamics were more realistic than some - it wasn't all sunshine, roses, and happiness. And some of the scenes were specifically funny to me in their resemblance of some of the thoughts I had when I experienced something similar.

All in all it was an enjoyable read and not loving will not deter me from reading more of Lauren Myracle's stories in the future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your thoughts! I try to respond to everyone. :)