Monday, February 11, 2013

Memorable Monday ~ Before I Fall

Memorable Monday is a meme hosted by Escape in a Good Book.  I'm excited to join in on this one because I love quotes, which was the driving force behind the creation of Memorable Mondays.  I thank the ladies at Escape in a Good Book.

So... how do you participate?  It's simple ~

1) Share a quote that has captured your interest lately in a Memorable Monday post on your blog.

2) Come back here and leave the link to your post in the comment box below.  If you don't have a blog, I'd still love to hear read your quote.  Leave it in the comment box instead of a link to a non-existent blog.  :)

3) Visit other participants if you have time.  It's always nice to have visitors.  There's no overstaying your welcome this way, and they don't have to offer the obligatory drinks.  Or clean.

4) If you tweet your posts, feel free to use the hashtag #MemorableMonday.

This week's choice:

Before I Fall“Here's one of the things I learned that morning: if you cross a line and nothing happens, the line loses meaning. It's like that old riddle about a tree falling in a forest, and whether it makes a sound if there's no one around to hear it.

You keep drawing a line farther and farther away, crossing it every time. That's how people end up stepping off the edge of the earth. You'd be surprised at how easy it is to bust out of orbit, to spin out to a place where no one can touch you. To lose yourself--to get lost.

Or maybe you wouldn't be surprised. Maybe some of you already know.

To those people, I can only say: I'm sorry.”  


And...

“I shiver, thinking how easy it is to be totally wrong about people-to see one tiny part of them and confuse it for the whole, to see the cause and think it's the effect or vice versa”  

Any quotes strike you recently?

Smiles,


4 comments:

  1. Lauren Oliver is an amazing author, I heart Lauren :) Wonderful quotes, Brandy. Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is! :) I'm really excited for Requiem to come out so I can see how it all ends. Sad, but excited. ;)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. What an amazing quote. Ive been meaning to read this but havent had the chance. I hear her books are so good. New follower here. Feel free to stop by my blog
    sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! I personally love her writing. Hopefully you'll get to one soon. :)

      Brandy

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your thoughts! I try to respond to everyone. :)