Friday, February 15, 2013

~ Follow Friday ~

Gain New Blog Followers
Hosted by Parajunkee's View & Alison Can Read, the goal is to gain new followers and to follow new people yourself! :)

RULES
To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
(Taken straight from the hosts)
    • (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
    • (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
    • Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
    • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
    • If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
    • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
    • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers.
    • If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
Happy Follow Friday!

This week's question:
Write a letter to your favorite character. Rant, rave, or gush... just pretend like they are real and you just want them to know a "few things". [Activity courtesy of author, Kelly Walker]

Aw, sheesh. My *favorite* character? I have to pick one? Maybe I'll draw out of a hat. That might work. So, who shall go in the hat? Puck Connolly, from The Scorpio Races. Sam Kingston from Before I Fall. Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars. Alex from Delirium. Dash from Dash & Lily's Book of Dares. Verity *and* Maddie from Code Name Verity. Hmmm.... Decisions, decisions. Okay. Made.

Maddie,
Your strength and resistance astounds me. I cannot imagine experiencing what you went through and the decisions you had to make. I cannot imagine the heartache, the sheer torment you must have faced. I understand why you did what you did; I don't fault you for it. I only wish it didn't have to be. As do you, I imagine. I still don't know how I finished through my tears and shaking hands. Thank you for sharing your story.
[Don't] Kiss me Hardy,
B

What would you say to your favorite character(s)?

Smiles,
B

12 comments:

  1. Hi! New follower here. We share some of the same favorite characters. I love Augustus and Sam. It's so tough to choose. I haven't read Code Name Verity yet but it's been on my list. Thanks for sharing.

    Peace & Love
    Crystal @ YA Society

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very hard choice. But it was a fun one. :) Code Name Verity is AMAZING... probably one of the best books I've ever read. I still tear up thinking about it. However, I really hate going into books with such a buildup about them, as CNV has, so I can see not picking it up yet if I hadn't read it already.

      Thanks for the follow... I shall do the same now. :)

      Delete
  2. Ohh I have not read Code Name Verity, it is on my growing to-read list!

    I loved Puck Connolly from Scorpio Races !

    New Follower :)

    Ashley @The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Puck is such an awesome character! :) Hopefully you love Code Name Verity as much as I did when you get to it.

      Thanks for the follow & visit. I shall do the same. :)

      Delete
  3. aah I wish I wrote my letter t HAzel now, I have so much I could say to her :)

    Great letter hun :D

    New follower via GFC :)

    My FF Post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hazel is such an amazing character, isn't she? John Green has yet to do any wrong for me. ;)

      Thanks for the visit and follow! ;)

      B

      Delete
  4. I agree, hard to pick favorite so I stuck with current character I'm reading.

    Old follower, come stop by......My Feature and Follow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nearly did that, too, but I wasn't very far into it. ;)

      Thanks for the visit and comment!

      B

      Delete
  5. I haven't read Code Name Verity yet either, but I will one day :)

    I was already following you on Google+, but I've added you on my GFC as well.

    Here's my my FF post for this week.

    I hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did when you get to it! :)

      Thanks for the secondary follow. lol

      Hope you had a fabulous weekend. :)
      B

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your thoughts! I try to respond to everyone. :)